Bead Angel


While my neice was visiting me last week, we took time to make an angel. We had a lovely time sitting and beading. I just found the angel today sitting on the bookcase and it reminded me of our time together.

Many years ago when I was in Samoa, I drove past some Samoan women in their fales making leis and singing together. I longed to join in with them. But in those days I didn't have the courage to go and ask. It was a longing I brought back with me to Australia and I decided to create a similar gathering with other women in my own life whenever I could.

We have a lot to learn from island culture in our western world.

How a simple change can make such a difference.

I started this blog so many years ago, and over the years it was a lovely way of keeping a diary. Then, I was playing around with the s...