Three Rules of Work

White house on the water Art work by Kareen
Three rules of work: out of clutter find simplicity; from discord find harmony; in the middle of difficulty lies opportunity. Albert Einstein
That's a quote that I read today in Notebook Magazine". I was lazily watching the river while sitting at Westport Club in Port Macquarie - Westport has to have the most beautiful views and access to the river anywhere, but I digress - and as I read the quote, I realised that "in the middle of difficulty lies opportunity" was a confirmation of a conversation I had been having earlier in the day.

Once opportunity knocked when I was sitting at Blue Poles Cafe looking out over another magnificent view. The rather wonderful owner came over to my husband and I and announced that they were selling Blue Poles. At the time it never occurred to me (or my husband) to ask 'how much?' or that it may have been in our price range - so we never asked how much they wanted. We did find out later, that not only was it in our price range, but we could have easily afforded it. Bugger.

Opportunity was knocking, but my ears weren't open. The opportunity occurred in the midst of difficulty too. We had been visiting and supporting a young man in hospital with an end stage brain tumour and we had travelled up to Blue Poles for a bit of a break and some recharging.

Do you ever wonder how much opportunity knocks, and you never notice? I certainly am.

How a simple change can make such a difference.

I started this blog so many years ago, and over the years it was a lovely way of keeping a diary. Then, I was playing around with the s...