Brian The Water Dragon


Animals are such agreeable friends - they ask no questions, they pass no criticisms. George Eliot

This is Brian the water dragon on the wall near our kitchen. He lives in a bird bath near our pool - he used to live in the small dog's water dish, but he's grown out of it. He occasionally climbs the brick walls and seems to enjoy laying on the window near our kitchen - we pretend it's that he loves to be one of the family, and enjoys our cooking chats, but we suspect it is just that he enjoys the insects that hover near the lights.

I never thought I could adopt a reptile as one of the family, but he has worked his way into my heart and I love him to bits.

How a simple change can make such a difference.

I started this blog so many years ago, and over the years it was a lovely way of keeping a diary. Then, I was playing around with the s...