Found Art - Trees with Clothes



On a recent trip to Sydney my husband and I were delighted to find that Kings Cross had been wrapped in knitting... well some of the park anyway. It was so fantastic to see many trees with brightly coloured knitting around them. Even the Police station had knitting on the rails and police colours specifically designed for the trees outside.



What I loved about this found art project, was the delight on peoples faces as they walked into the park for the first time. The artwork truly lifted the spirit of the whole area. Another thing I noticed was that even though it was a really cold day, the park bench that had a knitted cover, was left empty.


Here's a bit of the background of the project from UTube...


For more on this public art project go to: iheartkx.wordpress.com

How a simple change can make such a difference.

I started this blog so many years ago, and over the years it was a lovely way of keeping a diary. Then, I was playing around with the s...