The Fairmont Resort Leura - our room was complete with bird droppings

The Fairmont Resort in Leura - looky looky what we had outside our room. 

If I had gone online to see what the reviews were prior to travelling, I might have come across this article from The Blue Mountains Gazette on The Tourism Chief's fury at The Fairmont Resort... or even The Sydney Morning Herald's report More than a little bit Fawlty or even anyone of a lot of customer review sites on The Fairmont Resort... such as Trip Advisor  but ahhh... I didn't.  And herein lies the lesson readers. 

So we arrived at The Fairmont Resort gosh it looked nice driving up to it.  And I have to say it is in an absolutely gorgeous spot.  HOWEVER, that was the end of the fantasy weekend.  I thought I had booked my hubby and I into a gorgeous resort.  Silly me.  From booking.com I saw some gorgeous photos of a deluxe room, so like the unaware book buyer who buys a book by it's cover, I booked a room going on the pictures on the site.  I went into the http://www.fairmontresort.com.au/ site to see if the rooms were the same, and sure enough here is a lovely picture of a deluxe room. 

Sadly I have to report not the rooms we were given.  I was absolutely livid.  I think I was spitting chips to put it mildly over the dusty, dirty, stained, disgusting room we were given.  My room on my booking slip from http://www.booking.com/ showed me a deluxe room with King Bed and room for extra people to stay even.  Not that I was interested in others staying with me, but when we checked into the room, to find that 2 single beds had been shoved together, and dust all over the place, water stained lights and pubic hairs in the bath I knew I was in trouble.  We even had a flashing light over our bed when the lights were turned out... a smoke alarm that had been installed directly over the top of the bed.  Try to sleep with that little sucker working busily over you.

 
After much whining and complaining we were moved.  To a superior room... one that had a pigeon infestation outside our window.  The picture above shows some of the bird poop.  A nice addition to a room don't you think?  Picture this, sunrise, the sound of a bird cooing outside, lovely hey?  Now picture another bird or so joining in the cooing... But now picture a LOT of birds cooing outside your window, now picture rats scrambling on the roof as well, then add more pigeons, now loud and starting to squabble with one another, then add some more scratching and scurring sounds.... not so great now... and so now we are well and truly awake
saying to one another...'what the _ _ _ _?'

So the moral to this story is... prior to travel, do yourself a favour, Google reviews on the place you want to go to, and for your wellbeing and health's sake, Google the reports from the local Tourism before you go to stay somewhere.  If I had taken the time to review the reports on The Fairmont Leura, I would have been forwarned, and not gone. 

I give them a ten out of ten died off, brown, decaying, wrinkled frangipani rating.

How a simple change can make such a difference.

I started this blog so many years ago, and over the years it was a lovely way of keeping a diary. Then, I was playing around with the s...