Home is like a delicious piece of pie...


One's home is like a delicious piece of pie you order in a restaurant on a country road one cozy evening - the best piece of pie you have ever eaten in your life - and can never find again. After you leave home, you may find yourself feeling homesick, even if you have a new home that has nicer wallpaper and a more efficient dishwasher than the home in which you grew up. Lemony Snicket

Oh Lemony Snicket how right you are... but speaking about pie... have you ever had a piece of pie from an old fashioned diner in the USA? I did once, my Uncle took me to this gorgeous old world diner, in Puget Sound. They even had coconut cream pie. I had heard coconut cream pie talked about on a certain US tv show, when I was growing up. So when I came face to pie with one, I knew it was going to be my choice of the day. That diner had so many pies under so many glass domes, and I just wanted to have a bit of each.

I am sure that there is a time space warp that opens up, you go through and you end up in that diner. I think it's a little slice of heaven that you get a glimpse of... Then later on that day my Uncle and I went and had oysters taken fresh out of the water and then threw the shells back in once we'd eaten them. Oh yummy... makes me want to go back, I wonder if that diner is still there...

How a simple change can make such a difference.

I started this blog so many years ago, and over the years it was a lovely way of keeping a diary. Then, I was playing around with the s...